Thursday, April 7, 2011

I am a really great NO baker! :)

Around Christmas time I was really craving some no bake cookies. I am pretty picky about my no bake cookies so I wanted to be sure and find the perfect recipe. I seriously googled something like "number one best no bake cookie recipe ever". Let me tell you, they are the creamiest no bake cookies I've ever tasted! It's probably the evaporated milk! I used quick oats, I have tried using regular but I feel like they don't work as well. With the quick oats, the cookies have a more melt in your mouth kind of texture. With the regular oats it was kinda crunchy and they didn't set up as well! I made some today for the first time since the holidays and they are delish! I made them so many times during Christmas that I had the recipe memorized, but today I had to look it up! Here it is!

2 cups Sugar
1/2 c. evaporated milk
1/2 cup butter
3Tbsp. Cocoa
3 c. Quick oats
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 c. Peanut butter

Combine sugar, milk, butter and cocoa in saucepan (I cut up the butter so it doesn't take so long to melt) and bring to a boil. Once boiling, time for 1 minute (over this time, the cookies will be very crumbly, under, they won't set up. So be as specific as possible)
After the 1 minute, take off from heat and add the peanut butter and vanilla and stir until peanut butter is melted. Then add the oats, it looks like you have way too many oats for the chocolate mixture, but trust me, just keep stirring and it's perfect.
Once everything is mixed together spoon out(at a good pace, they start to set up pretty fast) cookie portion sizes onto waxed paper (I used two layers because one time I didn't and the cookies had melted the paper onto the counter!) Let cookies cool just at room temperature and enjoy!

All the ingredients I used

Don't do this with the cocoa...good thing I was home for the day!
This is about to be something incredibly delicious!
Pampered Chef has the perfect tool for measuring out peanut butter!
Not the prettiest cookies ever but they sure taste yummy!
I'd love to hear any feed back from you who use this recipe and instructions! Let me know how they turn out and good luck NO baking! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment