Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The comfy keepsake!

For my nieces birthday this year I decided to get creative and make a pillowcase, it started out as just a simple idea in my head but then I kept getting more and more ideas and found an easytutorial on youtube to help me through! My sister also helped me figure some things out since this project was pretty ambitious for me! I have never used a pattern for anything, and I still haven't! In the past I have made a few skirts and I would just trace old skirts for the pattern. Anywho, I wanted to make this pillowcase a little more personal and special so that when my niece opened it she would be excited and see something familiar (her name). I love how it turned out! And I hear she did, too. As soon as she opened it she just kept spelling out her name and pointing to the letters. I think that all my nieces/nephews will be getting a present like this for their birthdays this year, I think it's a great keepsake that will last through out the years!
p.s.
it sparkles, which is a huge bonus :)

No comments:

Post a Comment