Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Boys' presents!

So like I mentioned before I decided that for my niece/nephews birthdays this year I am going to give them a keepsake pillowcase with their name on it! With this tutorial it's really very easy! I decided this time instead of hand stitching their entire name like before, I would use the cool feature on my new sewing machine! But I wanted something a little more unique so I got some letter patches from JoAnn's and then stitched around them to make sure they won't fall off over time. It was actually kind of hard to stitch through them since the letters are pretty thick and have a sticky residue on the backside, so the stitches look a little messy, but I don't think the boys will mind:) I want each pillowcase to be very personal for each child, so I learned what things they like right now, fave colors, etc and bought the fabric accordingly! I did learn something with these this time around...I have been washing all my fabrics before sewing and these one's for some reason frayed so much and since I only bought the exact measurements I needed, it was a little hard to try and match everything up. So next time I don't think I will wash them, or maybe just buy a couple more inches so they have room to fray! I hope they love them! (I also hope they don't fray and fall apart after all my hard work! yikes!)

2 comments: